Wednesday 29 February 2012

Whole30 Day 30 and Crossfit Session 36

Last day!

Tomorrow will be the wrap up post, complete with before and after weights, measurements and photos, and also some hideous photos of me when I weighed 107kg back in 2006, they are seriously gross, but they are a good comparison to now and it just shows you that you can lose a lot of weight, it just takes time and the motivation to change your lifestyle.

I found that it wasn't until I saw a seriously horrible photo of myself at a party (it was an actual real photo and I have no idea where it has gone otherwise I would have posted it) that I found the motivation to change my lifestyle and stop eating shit and start exercising.

I started off just walking for 30 mins a day and gradually increased that to 45mins to an hour and then bought an exercise bike and started using that as well (awesome cuz you can watch tv at the same time!). Overeating has always been my biggest issue though and it's something that I continue to struggle with and was part of the reason I started doing the Whole30.

I think the program has given me a bit more control over it and I hope I can continue it now that I'm not on the program. I do know now that there are some foods I should just really try and avoid (fresh bread is one of them) because if I have ready access to it, I just can't stop eating it.

I think anyone can clean up their eating and lose weight and get fit, you just have to hit that point where you are completely grossed out by yourself and realise enough is enough and become committed to changing your lifestyle. You have to start out with small goals and work your way up though, if you had shown me a video of Crossfit in 2006 and told me that I'd end up being able to that stuff, I would have laughed at you, hell, I would have laughed at you last year if you'd told me!

So if you are reading this and you're unhappy with your weight and think that it's all hopeless and you'll never be able to lose it, check out my pics from 2006 tomorrow, if I can do it, you can do it!

So anyway enough preaching and pep talks, back to the last day of the Whole30.

Food


Breakfast today was the same as yesterday, I brought a spare breakfast to work yesterday because I stayed at Glenn's after SOM last night and knew I wouldn't have time to make breakfast before work, so I had hard boiled eggs, tomato, spinach and avocado.

Lunch was the last of the red curry chicken and veg, snacks were a chicken drumstick, Czech meatballs and some carrot sticks.

Dinner was the last of the paleo spag bol and then some coconut milk for dessert. I also ate a couple more meatballs while I was waiting for dinner to re-heat because I was starving after Crossfit.

This is going to sound totally weird, but one of the things I love about Crossfit is the way it smells when you walk up the stairs, it smells exactly like this recreation centre my parents used to play squash at when I was a kid. I loved going there because we got to hang out in the kids play area and it was really fun, but it had this certain smell to it, which the gym also has, I dunno if it's the stuff the floor is made out of, or years of sweaty bodies, but that smell has a good association for me. Yes you can call me a freak!

Warm-up


10 x push-up (I only used 1 ab mat today and it was okay, I got 10 every time so maybe I should only use 1 in future.. except if we have to do sets of 20+!)

15 x hollow rocks - these hurt! I had to break them up into sets of 4 almost.

Repeat 3 times.

WOD


This was kind of a fun work out. We had to get in pairs and then as a pair row 5km, but the way it worked was that while one person was rowing, the other had to do 20 wall balls and 10 chin ups and once they'd finished those they would swap with their partner and keep rowing and this was repeated until you'd rowed the 5km.

I paired with one of the new girls as we are at similar levels, but then just before we started the trainer made all us girls swap around so we were paired with guys. I though that was okay cuz he'd be really quick with the wall balls and the chin ups and I wouldn't have to do much rowing, but I was so wrong! He was very slow with the wall balls and I spent most of my time rowing! He was using a 20 pound ball though (compared to my 6) and I guess it was good to get some rowing practice in, but I was buggered by the end of it!

Our time was 22mins something and I had to do 5 full rounds of wall balls and chin-ups and then I got through 1 more round of wall balls before we were done. So 120 wall balls and 50 chin-ups all up. My wall balls were good today, I didn't get yelled at to squat lower or anything, woo! I'm also using blue and orange bands for chin-ups now, which is cool.

Strength


For the remaining time we worked on deadlifts to 5 reps. We worked in pairs and the girl I was with was completely at the same level as me so that was good. We started off on 40kg and worked up to 55kg, we wanted to try some reps at 60kg but we ran out of time and all the people with 60kg bars were packing them up before we got to ask if we could try. Next time!

There was a new girl today who has been doing Crossfit up in the country and geez is she strong, she can deadlift 120kg! Crazy! Maybe one day that'll be me.

So this is what we did for deadlifts:

5 x 40kg
5 x 45kg
5 x 50kg
5 x 52.5kg
5 x 55kg

Because I took no food photos today, you can have a pictures of my arms, I am slightly obsessed with them.

Woo definition!





No comments:

Post a Comment