Monday 13 February 2012

Whole30 day 14 and Crossfit session 29 - The Filthy Fifty

It'll be the mid-way point tomorrow! I should really save this post for tomorrow but I might as well write it while it's fresh in my head. Work is seriously slow at the moment so I re-read my Whole30 success guide yesterday afternoon just to make sure I was on track. It has a section in it where you fill in how you've been feeling and what things you're missing etc., so I did a bit of a self assessment to see what has changed in the last 14 days.

I would say the big one is energy levels throughout the day, I don't get a mid afternoon slump, sure I get freaking bored by about 2pm, but that's because work is boring and there's only so much mucking around on the internet I can do! After lunch I used to get really sleepy and have issues keeping my eyes open, but now I feel the same in the afternoon as I do in the morning.

Another thing I've noticed is that I don't get a runny nose any more, which I am almost 100% sure was from dairy, even the lactose free stuff. I used to have coffee with lactose free milk in it before work and then on the way to work and for the rest of the morning my nose would just run and would only clear up at about lunch-time. I haven't had that issue at all since I started the Whole30, so sadly I think no more milk for me, although I really feel like eating yoghurt for some reason, so I think I'll try one when I finish and make sure I pay close attention to any after-effects.

Breakfast today was eggs, avocado, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes and a black coffee, and I discovered something delicious today too, sprinkling fresh coriander on your eggs! So tasty!

Lunch was Moroccan meatballs from Well Fed with cauliflower "rice" and some veggies. It was damn tasty but I got really bloated after lunch, I assume from the cauliflower, so I am going to eat a bit less of it with the rest of my lunches and see how that goes. I forgot to take a photo of it, I'll do that tomorrow.

Snacks were nuts, a roast chicken drumstick and some celery and carrot sticks. Pre-crossfit was some almond butter and post crossfit was a banana because I forgot to buy sweet potato this week.

Dinner was tacos, here's a picture:





















Now onto Crossfit..

Warm-up


10 x stick rolls
10 x squats

Repeat 3 times

WOD


"The Filthy Fifty"

This is one of the named benchmark workouts, which are always the toughest and this one was no exception, it might even surpass "Whitten" as the worst one I've done so far.

The trainers gave us the option of a "Dirty Thirty" instead if we didn't feel up to the fifty and I was going to take it, but then I figured that I would be really annoyed with myself if I didn't at least try and do the complete fifty. There was a 50min cut off for doing this workout and I only just scraped in!  The worst exercises were the push-press and the burpees, both of these I had to do 5 reps or so at a time so they took forever.

Anyway, here it is:

50 x box jumps (I used the smallest box)
50 x chin-ups (blue and red bands)
50 x KB swings (12kg)
50 x walking lunges
50 x hanging knee raise (should have been knees to elbows but I can't do them)
50 x push-press (20kg)
50 x back extensions (hate these)
50 x wall-ball (6 pound ball)
50 x burpees (to two ab mats)
150 x skips (should be 50 double unders but I suck at them)

My time was 46mins and 43 seconds (or 34 seconds, I can't remember). I was fucked at the end of it, I was dripping sweat all over the floor, it was gross.

My hands are killing me today because my callouses turned into blisters and then one of them ripped open a bit, niice. Here's a lovely picture:

The one on the right has ripped open at the bottom corner, it's really painful!





No comments:

Post a Comment