Wednesday 15 February 2012

Whole30 day 16 and Crossfit session 30

Nothing very interesting to report today and I forgot to take a photo of my lunch again, tomorrow for sure!

Breakfast - a can of tuna and a pear (stayed at the boy's house and was running too late to arrange anything else)

Lunch - Moroccan meatballs, cauliflower rice and veggies and then grapes

Snacks - Nuts, dates, celery and carrot sticks and a chicken drumstick

Pre-crossfit - Almond butter

Dinner - Tacos and then some almond butter, I need to find another fat source I think, maybe coconut butter

No post-crossfit meal today because I ate dinner pretty much straight away when I got home and then fell asleep on the couch.

I can't believe I've only done 30 sessions of Crossfit, it seems like so much more.

Warm-up


2 x laps of the block (so 1.2km total approx)

For strength we did front-squats. There was a new girl starting today and she was paired with myself and another one of the girls who started in November for front-squats, she did really well for her first time actually. Front squats are horrible and this was the first session since I started that I actually got praised for my elbow position, usually it's all "elbows up Emma, squat lower" etc. etc. I was pretty pleased with it. We were working to our 3 rep max, which in my case is 35kg, my form definitely sucked on the 3rd one of each set so I know that I  couldn't really go heavier on them just yet.

WOD


Every minute on the minute for twenty minutes do:

5 x ab mat sit-ups
5 x hang cleans (14kg)
5 x box jump-overs (or box jumps in my case cuz I can't jump that far)

So basically you'd get through as much as you could before the trainer called "Abs" and then go back to the start, so if you were quick you could get all of it done well before the minute was up and have a rest until he called "Abs", but if you were like me and were struggling with the hang-cleans then you'd get halfway through the 5 box jumps and have to run back to abs.

5 reps doesn't sound like much but it was fucking tough! I actually think it was harder than the filthy fifty because you had to keep going and if you were slow then you got no rest at all between sets, I never got a rest! For most sets I got to about 2 or 3 box jumps before having to go back to abs. I am super sore today!

Here is front squat, made to look totally easy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNblYv02z0
Here is a hang-clean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChXDCNnB7Q&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment