Thursday 5 January 2012

New Years Resolutions and Motivation

It's Friday afternoon of the first week back at work and I can safely say I have zero motivation.. however it has led me to think (in between facebooking and yawning) about my New Years resolutions and what I intend to try and achieve this year and what will motivate me to actually do it.

Obviously the main resolution that I make every year is to lose weight and I think I share that resolution with a good proportion of the population, this year however, I'm going to focus more on being healthy and less on a specific number on the scale.

My intention is to try and stick to a more paleo/primal style of diet (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/http://whole9life.com/2011/10/whole-30-v5/http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html etc. etc.) at least 80 percent of the time, so fewer weekend pizza binges (unless it's a paleo pizza!) and trips to the fish and chip shop for fried everything. Hopefully I can get this up to 90 percent by the end of the year.

 I'm also going to try to get to Crossfit at least 3 times a week, put in a good effort every time and make sure I do some kind of exercise on the days when I'm not going, such as walking or swimming (or hobbling).

So my main resolution is that I want to be healthy, get fit and build some kick ass muscle.. but not end up looking like this:




Now onto the motivation side, the first Saints and Sinners is on 24th March (10 weeks), so I have a realistic short-term goal to aim towards and I have someone else (Glenn) with a similar goal to help motivate me. Last time I used S&S as a goal I completely failed, but now I have a different view on food and exercise and I think it will be a lot easier.  If I go to Crossfit 3 times a week for the next 10 weeks then I think there's no way I can't see results, unless I'm eating crap the rest of the time, which I am not going to do!

My other New Years resolutions are:

- To not muck around so much on the internet at work (already failed this one but it's only the first week back!)

-To kick ass at uni this year (hasn't started yet so I have some time)

- To be organised (an on-going battle)

- To get control of my finances, pay off my credit cards and save some money by the end of the year

- To be a good friend/girlfriend/daughter/sister to the important people in my life

I reckon I can achieve them, to some degree at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment