Monday 16 January 2012

Crossfit Session 17 (Monday)

Warm-up


1km row
Shoulder mobility exercises

I struggled with the row a bit, maybe because of the heat, but I felt out of breath the whole time (more than usual!)

Push-press


Then we worked on our push-press, I got up to 22.5kg I think and that was definitely my 8 rep max, the last few were a challenge to get my arms straight. I did about 3 or 4 rounds at 22.5kg (so 24-32 in total). Here's a push-press http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6oQLMcTGTo, I think I totally made that face as well.

WOD


This workout was a complete bitch! Halfway through the 20 rep round I didn't think I would make it. I hate front-squats, they are even worse than burpees, which is saying something!  They really hurt my wrists a lot and keeping my elbows up is definitely the biggest challenge, not the actual squat itself. Here's a front squat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNblYv02z0.


25, 20, 15, 10, 5

Burpees
Chin-ups
Front squats

So 25 x burpees, 25 x chin-ups, 25 x front squats and then 20 x burpees, 20 x chin-ups, 20 x front squats etc. etc.

A total of 75 reps of everything. I did it in 34 mins 12 seconds, with a lot of grunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment