Wednesday 4 January 2012

Crossfit Session 12

First session for 2012 and man did I pick a crap day to come back! The very day we a hero workout. For those who are unfamiliar with Crossfit, a hero workout is a workout named after a soldier or airforce/navy person who lost their life in battle, they are fucking tough workouts! A list of all of them can be found here:  http://www.crossfitsteelecreek.com/about/the-workouts/the-hero-workouts/

I've done "Jerry" before, which is a cardio based one, today's workout was "Whitten" and it has fucked my legs up!:

22 Kettlebell swings
22 Box jumps
400m run
22 burpees
22 wall balls

Repeat 5 times, max time allowed 60mins (although I think that was just cuz they were closing at 8pm last night).

This was my first workout since spending 12 or so days eating crap and not exercising, and fuck did I struggle! I only got through 4 rounds and that was with stopping every few reps to try not to pass out, vomit or cry. It was probably the worst workout I've done so far.

So in the end it took me 60mins (although I reckon cut that to 45mins if you take out all my breaks) to do 88 kettlebell swings, 88 box jumps, a 1.6km run, 88 burpees and 88 wall balls.  I had a headache for most of it and was really shaky for the last round so my wall balls sucked cuz I just could not throw the ball.

I was using the smallest kettlebell, the smallest box and the number 6 ball.

I hope we get this one again cuz I want to have another shot at it when I haven't lost all my fitness!

The moral of the story is, do not take 2 weeks off Crossfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment