Wednesday 11 January 2012

Crossfit session 15 (Wednesday)

A much better class size today, back to around 10 people instead of the crazy 21 person class on Monday!

I've been getting depressed at my weight on the scales for the last couple of weeks so I decided to go back and find all the measurements I did before I started crossfit and was super pleased to see that although I've put on over 2kg since I started, I've lost 4-6cms from my waist! (6cms at my belly button an 4cms at 5cm above it) So all this pain is getting me somewhere!

Warm-up

Inch worms and overhead squats - inch worms are stretching exercises for your hamstrings and glutes, basically you stand with your feet flat on the floor and your legs straight and walk your hands out in front of you on the ground and back in without bending your knees. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with the outside of my legs  (which I discovered last night is called the iliotibial band - IB) from all the squats, so instead of doing too many inch-worms and squats I tried to stretch those out instead and roll them with a foam roller, they're still crazy tight though.  


WOD 1


15 x overhead squats (I used a training bar)
21 x burpees onto a plate (we had to jump up on a weight plate at the end)


x 3


My squats were dreadful, one of the trainers tried to get my ass to touch one of the wall balls but that wasn't going to happen so I had to get my ass to touch one of the box-jump boxes instead. I really need to sort out my  IB otherwise my squats are always going to be rubbish.


So 45 squats and 63 burpees total, my time was 14mins 43 seconds.

Then we had a bit of a break and a stretch and then it was onto work out 2.

WOD 2

15 x kettlebell swings (I used the smallest kettle bell but I will go up to the next weight up next time)

10 x toes to bar (basically hang from the chin-up bars and raise your toes til you touch the bar.. or in my case knees to chest cuz there's zero way I can get my toes to touch the bar, my abs aren't that strong!)

10min AMRAP

I got 5 full reps and some kettle bell swings in. So 75 KB swings plus some and 50 TTB.

Then we did some ab stuff, V-rocks (? I think) and 1min planks. I wasn't bad at the V-rocks but I couldn't last the full minute for the planks.

No comments:

Post a Comment