Monday 30 July 2012

Crossfit session 91 (Thurs) and 92 (Friday)

Ugh I am so behind on everything at the moment! I've had things on Sunday and Monday evenings the last two weeks and it's meant that I haven't had my usual evenings to cook, clean and sort everything out for the week ahead for the last fortnight, so I feel like I'm completely behind with everything.

It's only going to get worse too because I now have uni on one evening a week, so I have to move Crossfit around as well. I'm going to try and get into the habit of doing it one morning a week instead of the evening, so I don't lose too many of my evenings. I need chillaxing time, I feel like I'm constantly running around, which I guess I am.


Crossfit Thursday


Warm-up

1km row
10 x stick rolls

Strength


Everyone was doing power-snatch to 5 rep max and pistols (1 legged squats) in between.

I got to do prowler runs and GHD sit-ups. I'd never done the GHD sit-ups before so I only went to parallel, I was freaking out that I was going to fall on my head at first but I got over it.

GHD Sit-ups from the Crossfit Games


WOD


Every minute on the minute for 12 minutes do 2 x power cleans and then fill the rest of the minute with skipping.

I only did 25kg for the power-cleans but I really could have gone heavier given it was only 2 reps at a time.

Finisher


Practice ring holds (basically trying to hold yourself up on gymanastics rings.. much harder than it looks!)

Then, more prowler runs!


Crossfit Friday


No idea what the warm-up was.

Strength


For everyone else it was overhead squat to their 5 rep max. For me, it was behind the neck push-press, I couldn't really go any heavier than the 20kg bar anyway, so I just did lots of rounds of 5 reps at that weight.

WOD


3, 6, 9, 12, 15 etc.

20kg box step-up (everyone else was doing thrusters)
16kg KB swings

12mins AMRAP as far up as you can go.

So you do 3 step-ups then 3 KB swings, then 6 step-ups and 6 swings etc. etc. as far as you can go in 12mins. I finished the 21 reps set. So in total that's 84 of each exercise, crazy!

To finish


Tractor tyre flipping!!! I've seen the tractor tyres down in the basement area before and knew that in Crossfit you do sometimes flip them, but we'd never gotten to play with them until now! Tonight we had to do as many flips as we could in a 1minute, girls worked in pairs, because those things are fucking heavy! We did 19 flips I think. It was so much fun, even though I have a massive bruise on my knee from it!







No comments:

Post a Comment