Thursday 30 August 2012

Winery weekend

Because I've been a lazy slack-ass busy with uni work this week and haven't actually managed to go to Crossfit (although I did do my own version of "Angie" on Tuesday, which I'm still sore from), I thought I'd post some photos from last weekend's trip to Beechworth and Rutherglen.

Never fear, boring Crossfit posts will return soon because I'm going to Crossfit tonight and will be back to my regular schedule next week.

So, last weekend a few of us stayed in Beechworth and did a winery tour of the Rutherglen area on the Saturday. We hired Grapevine Getaways to drive us around, which worked out really well. Basically they give you a mini-bus and a driver and you get to pick which wineries to go to and he drives you around all day.

We went to Rutherglen Estates, Campbell's, Cofield (Pickled Sisters restaurant for lunch) and All Saints. Which doesn't sound like much but it was a lot of wine!

Here are some pictures from the weekend, please excuse them being dreadful, the iphone 3 camera sucks ass.


Breakfast! Totally anti-paleo but delicious and free!

Manda tasting something (most likely pink and sweet) at Rutherglen Estates

Campbell's, the picture really doesn't do it justice, it was beautiful.


Nom nom nom, barrels of muscat

Glenn looking suspicious

GIANT wine at Cofields I think

Tasting platter at Pickled Sisters

Dreadful photo of All Saints

Andrew at All Saints


Glenn is happy


Bush goth

Me looking far too happy on our walk to try and see NSW at All Saints (this was the last stop)

My haul! I spent waaaaaay too much money but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment