Monday 20 August 2012

Crossfit session 100!!! (Thursday) and 101 (Friday)

Well, I have officially been to Crossfit 100 times! My very first class was way back in November last year and I was so scared. I have to thank Rob for making me go and also coming along when I had my first session, if it wasn't for him, there's no way I would have walked through those doors!

Now I love it and wouldn't do anything else. It's given me confidence to try things and now I can do hand-stand push-ups, chin-ups and bunch of Olympic weight lifting moves I never thought I would be able to do.. and I can deadlift above my body weight! I still have a long way to go and I haven't got the rope climb down yet, but I will get there!

So anyway, I will probably stop counting now, I just wanted to get to 100.




Thursday

WOD 1

15 x hang power clean (25kg)
15 x burpee

x 3

Not sure how long this took, it was somewhere between 7 and 9 mins.

WOD 2

15 x ball slam (15kg)
30 x kb swings (16kg)
2 x 20kg backwards sled pull

x 3

This took 13mins something. Everyone else was doing box jumps and some other exercise I can't do.. maybe squats? The 20kg sled was super easy, I should have gone heavier.

Finish

20 x band pull-apart (check out that guy's back!)
15 x ring row

x2  (was supposed to be x 3 but we ran out of time)

Friday

WOD 1

10 x power clean and jerk (25kg)
21 x KB swings (16kg)

x 3

I finished in 7 or 8mins I think. A certain evil trainer had told me that if I came last I had to do 50 burpees, so I smashed it out and then they wanted me to do an extra round because I was fast, boo to that!

I lover power clean and jerks, they're kinda fun and don't involve full squatting, which is gooood.

WOD 2

200m run (400m for everyone else)
15 x ball slams (15kg)

x 5 (everyone else only had to do 4 but the trainer is meeeeeean)

I probably shouldn't have done the running, but I do go running on the weekend.. just not for very long at a time and not fast. My knee was feeling a bit funny that evening, but it didn't go so that was okay. Can't say the same for the run the next day though, I decided to test it and got through 8mins before it went. I really need to go and get it scanned or something, but I can't afford it at the moment, so I'll just have to be careful with it and sort it out when I get back from the USA.




No comments:

Post a Comment