Wednesday 8 August 2012

10 months.. and Crossfit 95 (Fri) and 96 (Mon)

Argh, so behind on posting! Usually if I know I'm not going to have time to post for a few days I at least write down my times/exercises for Crossfit so that I don't have to try and remember it days later. I'm going to put Crossfit last and start with the other stuff first though, so that'll give me some time to remember!

10 months..

Yesterday, I got a call from my brother who is currently in the Netherlands, to tell me that he's engaged! He has been travelling around the world with his girlfriend since October last year and I had a suspicion he would probably ask her while they were away and I was right! Apparently he did it the right (people will disagree with me on that I'm sure!) way and asked her father's permission when they were on the cruise in the Mediterranean and then proposed in Luxembourg and got down on one knee and everything, very romantic! I'm very happy for them, they're great together.

So, they'll be back in October... which is only 2 months away now, which means that I've been house-sitting for them for 10 whole months, which got me thinking.. what the hell have I done in that time??

NOTHING! I can't think of anything I've actually achieved in the last 10 months, other than (pretty awesome) Crossfit-related achievements (hand-stand push-ups anyone?!). Crossfit is all well and good and I am pretty proud of myself for my progress, but I really haven't done anything else worthwhile. My "to do" list is still not-done, projects which I thought I'd have plenty of time for (eg. sorting photos from my South American trip), I just haven't done. What the hell have I been doing? I always seem to be busy.. I guess busy going out, doing Crossfit, staying at Glenn's, working etc... none of which are conducive to getting shit done around the house, or really enjoying just being in the house.

I kind of feel like I've wasted my 10 months in a way and haven't  made the most of having this awesome flat to myself, but then, what would/could I have done differently? I think spending more time here would have been a start, but there also just doesn't seem to be enough recreation hours in the week, it's all spent at bloody work! If I could afford it, I'd work 4 days a week but I can't. I guess I will now try and make the most of the next 2 months and enjoy being in the flat as much as possible and getting things done or just relaxing here, instead of constantly rushing around everywhere.. easier said than done though, it's kind of what I'm used to, I'm a rusher.. and a procrastinator!




Crossfit

Friday

No idea on the warm-up. Might have been a 1km row actually.

Strength

Deadlift to 3 x 5 rep max. I got up to 65kg.

WOD 1 

10 x push-jerk (25kg)
20 x box step-up (others were doing lateral jumps over their bars)

x 4

No idea on time! It was a quick one though.

WOD 2

21, 15, 9

Dumbbell strict press (thrusters for everyone else) - 14kg
Chin-ups
400m row

So, 21 strict press, 21 chins, 400m row, 15 strict press, 15 chins, 400m row. Etc.

Monday

Warm-up

20 x double-unders
10 x stick rolls
Max hand-stand push-ups (so as many as you can do in a row, for me that is 5!)

x 5, although I think I only got through 4 before we had to start the WOD.

WOD 1

Every odd minute do 15 x push-press (20kg), every even minute do 15 x kettle-bell swings (16kg).. for 20mins. So you only get to rest if you get your reps done in the minute!

It doesn't sound like much but if you completed every single rep then you'd have done 150 of each, which is a lot!

I went way too heavy for such a long work-out and regretted it by about the 5th minute! I didn't get through the full amount of reps for the last part of it at all, my forearms were completely giving out. It was tough!

WOD 2 

In pairs do max front squats for 6mins. I can't squat though, so my poor partner had to do the front squats while I did back extensions. We got to 75 I think.





No comments:

Post a Comment