Thursday 24 May 2012

Crossfit session 63 - curse of the double-unders

Woo 2 Crossfit sessions so far this week, that beats last week's effort! I'm also going to try and get to the 7am class tomorrow morning too, although I've said that tons of times and never do, so we'll see!

Warm-up


5 x inch worm
15 x sit-up

x 3

Strength


Deadlifts to 5 rep max

5 x 30kg
5 x 40kg
5 x 50kg
5 x 60kg
5 x 65kg
5 x 70kg

I wanted to stop at 65kg but ended up getting convinced to try 70kg, which was actually my 5 rep max last time, but for some reason it felt really heavy today! I guess because I haven't been going regularly in the last few weeks. My reps at 70 were rubbish and they wanted me to have another go at it but I wasn't having any of that, I was done with them!

WOD


10 x sumo deadlift high-pull (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTafqGjSeXk)
20 x wall ball
25 x double-unders (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfjmxeUsIs)

17min AMRAP

I've never done sumo-deadlift high-pulls before, they looked scary when we were being shown, but they were actually kind of fun, in a weird way!  I used 25kg because I wasn't sure how hard they'd be, I could probably have gone to 30, although I'm not sure my technique was that great.

I only got 2 full rounds done! It was all because of the goddamn double-unders, some days they work, some days they don't and today was one of those days. Oh well.


I finally made an appointment with a physio for tomorrow, so I'll see what he says about my knee, I really have no idea what to expect or what he'll recommend. Hopefully I can keep doing Crossfit and just cut out squats or something for a while until it's sorted. I'm a bit scared about how much it's going to cost me if I have to keep going back. It's really annoying, something like this always comes up when I'm trying to get my finances under control.  I know it's worth sorting it out, but it does mean I'll have to take my post-it note off my credit card :(.

On another note, this stuff is EVIL! I could eat the whole block by myself no worries and they are huge blocks! Sue and I demolished one in Perth quite easily. It's pretty much the opposite of paleo too!







No comments:

Post a Comment