Wednesday 23 May 2012

Crossfit session 62 - doing Cindy, a trip to Perth and money

Crossfit

Woo, first Crossfit session in a week and it was a named workout, luckily not a hero workout though. We got to do 'Cindy', which is one of the benchmark workouts and also one I've never actually done before.

Warm-up


15 x leg swings each side
10 x stick rolls

x 5

'Cindy'


5 x pull up
10 x push-up
15 x air squat

20min AMRAP

Apparently the record in our gym is 24 rounds, which was by the owner of the gym. My aim was to do 10 rounds and I succeeded! I got up to the squats in the 11th round.

So in total..

55 pull ups, 110 push-ups,  150 air squats, fun!

My knee was feeling a bit dodgy after all the squats, so I'm going to have to get off my ass and actually call a physio and get it looked at instead of procrastinating about it.

I was trying to find a video of a Cindy workout to post, but all the ones on the internet have dreadful technique! None of it would fly in our gym, they'd be getting 'no rep' yelled at them all the time! They were quite strict with the technique tonight as well, lots of people were getting no reps, mostly for the push-ups.

To finish


In pairs row as fast as you can for 1 min, then swap with your partner.. repeat 4 times. So each person rows for 1 min then has 1 min rest, 4 times. I only got around 235 metres every time, which was crap considering the aim for girls was 260m in a minute.

I'm going back tomorrow for more punishment.

Now onto other fun stuff, like Perth!


Perth


On the weekend I went to Perth for 4 days and stayed with some very non-paleo friends, which of course led to me eating junk all weekend. My boyfriend is not paleo either, so I do tend to eat a lot of non-paleo food on the weekend with no real issues other than feeling like a failure, this time however, I definitely noticed a difference in the way my stomach was behaving after eating all the junk.

This is probably going to be way TMI, but I was seriously going to the bathroom 5+ times a day, which is ridiculous! I'm usually a once a day kinda girl and that is fine with me, 5+ times a day, when staying at other peoples houses is just not on! My stomach was also feeling heavy and bloated all weekend too. At the time it was annoying, but now I'm actually kind of glad because it has shown me that eating paleo does actually make a difference in the way I feel, I'm not just imagining it! Plus I get to eat breakfasts like this:



So hopefully next time I'm considering eating junk all weekend I'll remember how I felt in Perth and make better choices. One day hopefully I'll be able to just say no to all the junk and not even be tempted at all, but that's a way off yet.

We did spend one lunch-time demolishing seafood though!

Money

I have to rein in my spending habits again, I really want to pay off my credit card ASAP but I keep putting more crap on it all the time so it's always 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. Glenn and I want to go to the USA this year as well, so I need to be able to save for that too. Hopefully I won't lose my job with all the government cuts cuz that'll just screw everything up. 

This is my latest drastic measure to curb my credit card habit, a sticky note attached to the credit card and the credit card placed in the hardest to reach spot in my wallet. I'm too paranoid about accidents etc. to just leave it at home, so this is the next best thing I've come up with!








No comments:

Post a Comment