Sunday 23 September 2012

Crossfit Thurs and Friday and Holiday Health Challenge

Thurs

Strength 1

Dead lift to 3 x 5 rep max.

5 x 30kg
5 x 40kg
5 x 50kg
5 x 60kg
5 x 60kg
5 x 65kg
5 x 65kg
5 x 65kg

With 20 x ab mat sit-ups inbetween, hello ass crack rash!

Woo, went up 5kg in my 5 rep max! I wonder what my 1 rep max would be now.

Strength 2

5 x 8 box step-up each leg with a bar (20kg)
15 x v-situps in between

WOD

In pairs do:

250m row
max double unders in between

x 5

So one person rows 250m whilst the other person does max double-unders.

I got 33 or 36 double unders total (yeah shutup), my partner got over 200!!!


Friday

WOD

20min AMRAP

5 x cleans (full squat) - 25kg
10 x push-ups
10 x box jumps
1 x rope climb

Got 5 rounds. This was my first time squatting on the cleans in a WOD, it wasn't pretty.. but I did it!

Can't say the same for the damn rope-climbs, I completely suck at those.

Strength

4 x 8 reps floor press

Did 25kg but could have gone to 30kg I think, it was the first time we'd done them, so it was hard to know what a good weight would be!


Holiday Health Challenge

So, in 4 weeks time, Glenn and I are going to the USA for 3 weeks and Cairns for a few days on the way back. I've decided that it's high time I actually got off my ass and tried to clean up my diet properly, instead of complaining that I haven't lost any weight but still eating complete shit on the weekend and too much food generally during the week.




So I've set myself a challenge as follows:


Goal
To lose 2kg or 3cms from waist by 20th October - when we leave for the USA. This is 4 weeks away (less now, I wrote this post on Friday!).

Reason
So that I feel good about myself and also because I may end up putting on weight while I'm away, so it would be better to start out lighter! It might also give me motivation to not go completely off the rails on the trip.

Rules

Exercise
  • 5 workouts a week, can be anything, but must include 3 Crossfit/strength workouts a week.
  • Walk 30 mins at lunchtime every day, if possible.
  • Bike to work at least once during the next 4 weeks
Food
  • Minimum 90% paleo or primal compliance (aim for 100% though) and stick to the 10% rules listed below
  • Starchy Carbs (sweet potatoes etc.) only after a workout and only if deserved!
  • No drinking during the week and no alcohol other than clear spirits and sugar free mixers (soda, tonic etc.) on the weekend
  • 1 serve of fruit per day, max
  • Watch portion sizes, palm of your hand for protein, fist for carbs
  • 50g or less carbs per day and aim for at least 100g protein per day
  • Snacks should be mainly protein or veggies, only snack if actually hungry or pre-Crossfit
  • Watch fat intake, although it is not evil, it has lots of calories, so don’t overdo the bacon!
  • Nothing with added sugar
10% meals and exceptions
  •  If eating 3 meals a day and 1 snack = 2.8 non-paleo/primal meals per week (2 meals, 1 snack), however aim for just 1 cheat meal per week, none if possible!
  • Make sensible choices, if you MUST have chocolate and it fits the 10% rule, then it has to be    70% cocoa solids minimum
  • If not eating paleo carbs, then aim for gluten free or if that’s not possible then really small portions
  • The following events are exceptions to the above rules, however they should not be a free-for-all either! : 
                - Dinner out with friends (wine etc. okay, try to make sensible food choices)
                - Jarod's birthday event and S&S
                - Phil's coming back drinks/party
                - My going away drinks (if I organise something)
Other
  • Sleep at least 7hrs a night, preferably 8
  • Do at least 1hr of homework every day
  • Finish essay 1 week prior to leaving so that I can review it before I leave

Pre-challenge stats

Weight: 74.6kg (although I weighed 76.2kg the day before, so who the fuck knows the right answer!)
5cm above BB: 79cm
BB: 87cm
5cm below BB: 94cm
Right bicep (at base of tatt): 34cm (?? I can't actually read my writing, will check this)
Right thigh (20cm below hip scar): 57.5cm


So far, so good. It's been fairly easy to stick below 50g carbs a day too. Saturday dinner was my cheat meal and we went to the pub and had parma and beer, so it was a complete cheat meal.. but totally worth it!







No comments:

Post a Comment