Tuesday 3 April 2012

Crossfit Session 49

I wasn't sure whether to go to Crossfit tonight, I had a sore throat and was feeling very lazy. In the end I decided that seeing as I didn't go on Monday and I can't go on Thursday or Friday because I'll be in the country, that I should just suck it up and go, otherwise I'd only get one workout in this week, which isn't good enough.

I'm glad I went, the workouts were short and involved deadlifts, so I was happy.

Warm-up


Stretching
10 x stick roll
10 x leg swing each leg
5 x overhead squat

x 4

First up we warmed up our deadlifts, so I did 6 x 30kg, 10 x 40kg and then maybe another 5 x 45kg, which was the weight I went with for wod 1.

WOD 1


9 x deadlifts (45kg)
15 x box jumps (20 inch box)
21 calorie rowing (eg. row until you've burned 21 calories, about 350m)

x 4

The point of this workout was to do it as quickly as possible. I did it in 15mins 10 seconds. The box jumps at 20 inches still freak me out and I think I'm going to smash my shins every time, so that slowed me up.

Crazy huge box jump!


























WOD 2


7 x dumbbell power-clean (7kg dumbbells, so 14 total)
14 x sit-up
21 x double unders

10min AMRAP

I think I only managed 3 rounds because I was sucking at the double-unders. I think I only got through about half the double unders each round too, after a lot of attempts!

Dumbbell Power clean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xU6ZP1M_8
Double-unders  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8TbKyvJcw

No comments:

Post a Comment