Wednesday 3 October 2012

Friday, Monday, Tuesday Crossfit, long socks and nut heaven

I'm so behind on posting all these, sorry for everyone who hates my boring Crossfit posts, there's some food stuff down the bottom if that's more your thing!

Friday

Warm-up

5 x push-up
10 x air squat

WOD

800m row (run)

Then 8 rounds of:

10 x wall ball
10 x dips

Then another 800m row.

I finished in 20mins something. I thought it'd be a struggle because I haven't done wall balls in ages, but it wasn't too bad actually. I was also worried that the dips would aggravate my elbow, which has been sore, but it was alright, so good all around!

Strength

3 x 8 floor press (25kg, coulda gone to 30 I thiiiink.. not sure though because the last two of each set were a struggle and if you fail doing those then you pretty much squash your self under the bar, unless your spotter does a good job!).

5 x 12 barbell row (only got time to do 4 rounds, 1 @ 30kg and the rest at 25kg)


Monday

Oooh yeah, hero workout for a Monday! Good way to ruin yourself for the rest of the week!

"Whittman"

15 x kettle-bell swings (16kg)
15 x power clean (30kg)
15 x box jump (small box)

x 7

So, 105 of each!  I RXed it (weights as prescribed by crossfit.com), except for the box jumps cuz I'm back on the baby box.  Pretty pleased that I've finally gone up in weight on the power cleans, it's taken a while.

My time was 29mins 37 seconds.

Then we had to do some torturous achilles tendon "massage" using kettle bells.

This is the result of doing those 105 power cleans:

Bruises are sexy right?

I think I'm going to have to buy into that whole long socks thing that all the good Crossfitters do. Then maybe I'll look more this:

Annie Thorisdottir -  the most badass chick in the world and  2 x Crossfit games champ (source)

Tuesday

WOD 1

10 - 1 Handstand push-ups
15 x double-unders between each set (30 for ppl who don't suck at them)

So 10 HSPU, 15 D/U, 9 HSPU, 15 D/U etc. etc. until you get to 1 HSPU.

I did all my handstand push-up sets unbroken, so I will have to try and go down an ab mat next time.

Took just over 17mins I think, most of that was spent failing the double-unders. I think I'll buy a speed rope, that seems to help everyone else.

WOD 2 

There was a choice of some push-press workout or a rowing workout. I went with rowing, which was completely contrary to my usual choice, because my shoulders were completely dead from Monday still.

The rowing workout was:

500m row
1min rest

x 4

FUN! My hamstrings and ass were really tight from Monday as well, so this was a struggle. Not sure how long it took, but it takes me about 2:07-2:10 to row 500m if I'm doing multiple rounds, so it would have been just under 15mins including the rest breaks.

Diet

The diet is going well, other than some serious ice-cream eating on the weekend, luckily the tub wasn't very big. Geez that ice-cream is amazing though. Will have to steer clear of the freezer section for the next few weeks. Glenn asked me when I was eating it why I never smiled like that for him! Hah!

Sooooo gooood, better than sex.. I'm kind of not joking (source)

On Tuesday I went to the dentist, which just happens to be conveniently located near The Royal Nut Company, which is seriously nut and dried fruit heaven, so I stocked up. There is also a factory store in Brunswick, which is also great. They have these giant tubs of almond butter, which I've always managed to resist buying, but one day, they will be mine!  I did buy a small jar though, but that is getting seriously rationed, usually I consume it within a week.

I'm kind of regretting buying 1kg of dates though ($5!!!), I haven't had them in the house for aaages cuz dates are like candy, 5 of them has 20g carbs, which is almost half my daily carb intake, but for $5 I couldn't resist. I think they'll be going to the dark recesses of the cupboard and I'll have to ration them out for myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment