Tuesday 30 August 2011

Day 1 - I can do this!

I've started a new blog because I want to lose weight before trying to wear an incredibly short, tight, latex dress at Saints and Sinners, which is only 5 weeks away (!), and I think that posting everything on the internet for everyone to see will help me stick to my plan better, because I will have people to be accountable to!

I used to have a similar weight-loss blog on LJ, but LJ seems to have gone downhill rapidly in the last few months so I've decided that a change of scenery is in order.

To give you some background, I've been losing weight for quite a few years now, my heaviest ever weight was 107kg, which was the point where I saw a photograph of myself and said enough is enough! I've been slowly losing weight ever since.

My lowest weight that I've been since I began dieting is 75kg, which was back in April.. I'm really not sure what I was doing back then, but I don't seem to be able to replicate it now! I'm currently 75.8kg, but I've been losing and gaining the same 1-2kg for months now and it's driving me slightly crazy.

My short term goal is 5kg, I know I may not get there before Saints and Sinners due to the short time-frame, but I'm going to try! My longer term goal is 68kg, it would be amazing to get to 65kg, but my boobs are already saggy enough as it is with all the weight gain and loss, so I don't want to go too crazy with it.

So.. what is the plan? Well, after being recommended the book "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes, and seeing a couple of friends have awesome success with The Dukan Diet, I've been trying to cut out non vegetable/fruit related carbs most of the time (Sunday night pizza with the boy totally doesn't count!).

I choose not to do the full-on protein-only part of the Dukan Diet as I have high blood pressure caused by my kidneys and don't wish to end up with kidney failure later in life, I'm probably being overly cautious and would be fine, but I think with kidneys it's better to be safe than sorry.

According to Calorie King, my daily calorie limit is 1360, so I am going to try and stay within that and also aim for less than 100g of carbs a day, which can be difficult, so as long as I'm less than 150g I will be happy.
Exercise will be walking, jogging, weights and swimming too if I can find time to get to a pool.

Enough waffling, lets get on with it! I will post what I've eaten at the end of the day, otherwise I'll be posting all the time. Maybe there'll be photos too!

Current weight: 75.8kg
Current goal: 70.8kg
Days til S&S: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment