Monday 28 November 2011

Crossfit 2nd session

Warm-up


Handstand hold 30 seconds - I fucking hate handstands!!! The trainer was laughing at me cuz I was freaking out and whimpering when I was in the hold cuz I thought I was going to diiieee, I never liked them as a kid and as a 75kg adult.. they suck hardcore! Hopefully they'll get easier though and I won't feel like I'm going to fall on my head every time.
15 front squats with stick
10 shoulder rolls with stick

Repeat 5 times

I only did the handstand hold twice before my wrists gave out so I wussed out of those and did planks instead.

WOD

5 x handstand pushups (for me - normal push-ups on toes but not all the way down to the floor, just to two ab mats stacked on top of one another)
5 x squat cleans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czg1KKte-9o&feature=related not sure how much weight I was using, the plates were 5kg each and the bar weighs something but not sure how much.. so maybe only 15kg, it was enough after 25mins of it though!)
25 double unders (for me - 5 double unders or 5 attempts at double unders with 5 skips in between.. I can't even do 1 double under yet.. feel like a tard)

AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) in 25mins

I think I did 9 or 10 rounds (so if it was 9 that's 45 pushups, 45 squat cleans and a random number of skips!),  but I totally lost count, next time I'm grabbing a chalk board cuz it's hard enough trying to remember how many of each exercise you've done let alone the actual round number.

Then we did ab exercises for 10mins (?? I have no idea how long it was), the non-crap people were doing hollow rocks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzxiORnGYAE) but I was doing just a hollow rock hold, so just holding the position, no rocking. We had to do that for 2mins (?) then plank for 2 mins (?) then rest for 2 mins.. repeat 3 or 4 times, I forget!

It was a good workout, everyone was buggered by the end and lying on the floor! I've never sweated so much in my life. I am enjoying it though, the other people are nice and the trainers are really helpful, especially seeing as my technique sucks ass.



No comments:

Post a Comment